Monday, March 15, 2010

Inspiration for my new painting!


After thinking about apple green for sooooo long (aka 11pm - 4am). I have decided to create a painting. I am using an idea of lace painting from Shelterrific (click to see example).

I bought three colours of paint today. Lipstick red, Orchard green and Antique white. I am so excited!! The lady at the check out laughed at my bright green. She said I must not be painting leaves with it because leaves don't come in that colour...
ha! you just wait! Oh! aaand I got lace place mats from my buddy Dollerama!

Id also like a bird image on the front. I might draw it with a sharpie and then fill it in. (Lace meets Sharpie!) Or some sort of silhouette but that seems a little cheesy and over done.


Here are some brain storms I've found. Above came from google images. Below, I learned how to make my own contact sheet in Photoshop so I used some more google images that I found.



I feel bad.... I am a teacher. I should be sourcing this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment